Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last week I received one of those [horrible] little packets in the mail from my alma matter asking for "donations" for the scholarship fund. I would GLADLY give... If my degree wasn't a total waste of money and I could actually use it and earn money from it TO give. I guess what I mean, is.. if my degree was giving me back as much as I gave to it. I expected to be making big bucks by now. I'm okay with not.. but c'mon. It was just kind of a slap in the face. So, I wrote them a nice little note on the front.. and added a "helpful tip" for the student who was most likely doing "work study" by opening and recording the postcards... let them in on a few secrets about student loan debt..

Pleasant thoughts... pleasant thoughts...

okay. better =)

So, according to this:


I'm "certified" to do this:












Anyone out there in web world need me? I'm up for hire.

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean. I have a degree (double majored) and I can't use either one of them to make money. I am now going to (if all goes well with the school and the money) be going back to school for something that I will be able to use...nursing! I hate those little packets too, about sending money to your school. Thanks for making me smile today!

    ReplyDelete