Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Daguerreotypomania

My grandma:


I'm currently on my "lunch break" so this post was not supposed to be long.. Its just supposed to "wet your whistle", "float your boat" and "light your fire" about this next project... I'm challenging myself to write an essay on "Daguerreotypomania". I love it, and it's been a long while since I've academically challenged myself. So, hold your breath in anticipation, because daguerreotypes and that particular era of photography changed the world.

The next three photos are from the internet.. I just did a quick Google Image search on daguerreotypes and this is a little of what I found:







Cool huh? =)

This week I'm going to play around with these totally outdated metal hinged frames in the photos below, and see if I can't make something that resembles a daguerreotype.

No comments:

Post a Comment