Monday, May 23, 2011

Sectional Sofas: does comfort have to be ugly?

I am a child of the 80's and this is what is brought to mind whenever a "sectional" is mentioned:



My husband has been complaining lately about how uncomfortable our current couch is. He says he just wants something comfortable and ugly. (okay, I added ugly -but thats what I hear when he says "comfortable"). So i started looking around online and it seems if I want anything that is both designed well and comfortable I'm looking at spending around 2 or 3k. Yikes!


Room & Board

So what do I do when I don't want to pay that much for something? You got it! I hunt down the original, something sleek and oozing with vintage charm.

This is what I found online today, and I'm just crazy about it!!




Check it out: sectional

6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT. IT is fabulous. Thank you for telling me about the thrift store. I need a new one, I feel like I see the same old stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I sell clothing and it's the worst when you just know exactly what to expect from a store. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that couch rocks! go for it!

    fyi we got our couch at ikea. it was under $1,000 (i think) and is honestly the most comfortable couch i've ever slept on. i HATE sleeping on couches, but not mine. plus, several people have commented on how comfortable it is. it was super cute when we got it. thanks to beck, a bunch of stains covering a white couch makes it not cute anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! See, anything I've ever bought from Ikea always seems to fall apart on me.. So I'm always hesitant when it comes to making a large purchase from them. I will have to keep it in mind though -our Ikea FINALLY opens in July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! You have no idea how funny this is to me. I searched Ugly Sectional Couch to specifically tell my lovely boyfriend what I DIDNT want in the house.. this was my first link. (love the one you picked!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as it arrived, I fell in love with this sofa. I've read a lot of bad reviews about it but I really like the design and the price that goes with this. It is comfortable and elegant looking. Fingers crossed it can last at last for a long time.

    ReplyDelete