Thursday, February 17, 2011

nola.

Last night we got back to Denver after a (way to short) trip to New Orleans. I went when I was sevenish and wasn't really impressed. I don't think we ate Beignets or stopped in to any restaurants over 100 years old during that trip. We certainly did not stop into the Quarter Mart and order a ham/Swiss/pickle/mayo (Fresh baked REAL french) croissant from the Nelly Deli. This time however, we did all of those things. We hung out with great friends, met new friends and enjoyed children with righteous vocabularies and cute pouty faces with gorgeous curly hair.

Vacations are wonderful things.. especially when you can experience them from a locals perspective. I shot fuji color film and ilford black and white film -so photos will be posted sometime in the next 100 years. I tried to hunt down the E.J. Bellocq book: "Storyville Portraits", Johnny Depp, and amazing vintage fashions for you. I was successful with ONE.

stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to see the photos over the next 100 years :) Had a great time and can't wait until our next meeting, be it here, in Denver or wherever.

    ReplyDelete