Thursday, July 29, 2010

Toot Toot

Yes, this is me tooting my horn, my horn of, YES!!!!

Last week I found this:



I paid $00.50 for it. And listed it on Ebay immediately for $65.00 because of this:



And of course, because the image is rare and kind of odd.

I've been a little on edge because the bidding was slow.. I received a bid within hours, but there it sat. Stayed at $72.00 for almost a week and then, with less than 2 minutes left... shot up.

$410.50.

Amen.

Now, the biggest misconception is that you can sell any single shaving mug for an outrageous price. There are a few very important things to factor in when pricing an item like this. Condition is very important, unless the image is totally rare and amazing and odd.. Then condition is conditional. =) Age makes the item more valuable if the condition is good.

High on the list of desire are the manufacturers stamps. I had to do quite a bit of research on my mug because I found three marks. The original factory stamp, W.G, France (Limoges), "Kansas City Decorators", and an imprint; the artist signature. In my research I found that again, like the condition, the marks were conditional as well. The most desired marks were " ___ ", however, there are many collectors who desire American hand painted mugs..blah blah blah.

So, for about two hours of shopping, photography and research and a whopping 50 cents.. I made a nice little cushy profit.

YES!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment